Monday, September 15, 2008

Marathon of Sewing


Let me just say that this quilt "Old Waterloo Road" may just be one of the more difficult quilts I have ever put together, in terms of sheer endurance needed!
This whole quilt went together on point, in rows that are 3 1/2" wide....I felt like I was sewing, and sewing, and sewing, to see that I only had a small corner of the quilt put together. However, like the litle engine that could, I kept going - and I'm so glad I did! I have made alot of scrap quilts in the past, this one has just moved to the top of my list of favorites. I still have one more fabric border (just fabric, no piecing) to put on, and then it is finished. Now I'm picturing all the beautiful, swirly, curly all-over pantographs that I will audition for quilting this one.

1 comment:

Sherribeans said...

I think this is absolutely stunning! Of course it appeals to my complicated side - lol!